Welcome to Disney California Adventure!
Oogie Boogie Bash is a specially ticketed event that happens in DCA for Halloween Time. The tickets are sold out now, but keep an eye out for next year if you didn’t get one.
The event is from 6pm to 11pm, but even if you only have an Oogie Boogie Bash ticket and not a regular park ticket, you can enter DCA as early as 3pm. For more details about the event, see the event page on Disneyland’s website.
For me, the most important part of the event is the parade and the characters! There are 2 parade showings; check the app to verify the times of the parade on the night that you are there, in case they change. There is also a fun Mickey & Minnie Trick or Treat show in the Disney Junior stage on Hollywood Blvd.
Here are some areas where we found characters. They rotate out, so there are more than this – these are just the ones we happened to catch!
- Minnie, Mickey, Donald etc. in their Halloween costumes on Buena Vista Street as well as in front of the World of Color viewing area
- Hades and Meg on Buena Vista Street in front of the fountain
- Barley on Pixar Pier
- Captain Hook, Smee, and Governor Radcliffe by the water wheel behind Grizzly River Run
- Baloo and King Louis at Pacific Wharf, I think that Robin Hood characters also appear here
The Immersive Treat Trails have face characters who are super fun to interact with!! These are a huge highlight of the event in my opinion:
- Agatha (Avengers Campus, Dr. Strange’s Sanctum)
- Dr. Facilier (Alcove behind Carthay Circle)
- Maleficent (behind Soarin’)
- Cruella (Hollywood Backlot Stage)
- Mad Hatter (Hyperion Stage queue area)
- Oogie Boogie (The Crying Room; Animation Academy Lobby)
- Evil Queen from Snow White (Grizzly Peak Trail)
Free PhotoPass photos from the cast members’ professional cameras are included in your event ticket! So have them scan the PhotoPass QR code in your app whenever you see a PhotoPass cast member.
Now, let’s talk candy!
In these Immersive Treat Trails, you’ll have 2-4 candy carts along with the character interaction. They have a binder that they showed me that outlines what is available in each Treat Trail. Here you can see ingredients lists of things as well.
Note in this one below that the Yum Earth gummy bears contain gelatin, but the Yum Earth Fruit Snacks are vegan. So you’ll want the one with the purple package, not the blue one.
The vegan ones of interest below are the dried cranberries and the pretzel goldfish. The Bug Bites have honey.
Below, you can see that the Gogo Squeeze Applesauce and the Sun Chips are vegan.
Here is my little haul from last night! I didn’t make a point of collecting much candy; you could certainly get much more than this if you like! And I didn’t go on the trails that offer the Sun Chips, Apple Sauce, or Pretzel Goldfish pictured in the binder. But you can look at the list of all the trails above, and seek out that trail if you are interested in something specific.
I want to thank you so much for providing all this information. It helps so much. We will be the happiest vegan people on earth, too! Hope to see you one day soon! Keep up the fantastic, fun work you do. It doesn’t go in unappreciated. 🧡🧡🧡
LikeLiked by 1 person
Aw thanks for your comment!! ❤ I'm so glad that it's helpful to you!! Your appreciation means so much to me! Hope to run into you in the park soon!